- Ash Wednesday this year falls on 26th February. It is a day of fasting and abstinence. Masses with distribution of Ashes at 9am and 7pm on Wednesday 26th February.
- Trócaire Boxes: All primary school children in the Parish will have received a Trócaire Box to take home. For those families who didn’t they are available in the porch at the main entrance of the Church.
- Lenten Mission- In St. Patrick’s Church Skerries as part of their 80th Anniversary celebrations of the Church being built they are holding a Lenten Mission each Wednesday of Lent @7.30pm with Mass and Benediction. See notice for further details.
- Lenten Scripture Programme: The programme, during Lent, will be led by Rev. Kieran O’Mahony OSA and will begin on Monday 2nd March in the Bracken Court Hotel, Balbriggan @7.30pm with a cuppa afterwards. All Welcome.
- Lent Online Retreat: Do a free three day online retreat focusing on Prayer, Fasting & Almsgiving. Available throughout Lent. Register now. prioryinstitute.com +353 4048124. Everyone Welcome.
‘Led by the Spirit’
The Confirmation candidates will continue with the Confirmation programme ‘Led by the Spirit’’ on Tuesday 25th February with a Day of Reflection , facilitated by the Julian Prayer Group. Please keep those preparing for the Sacraments in your prayers – “Come Holy Spirit Fill the Heart of Your Faithful. Amen.”
Arising from this: Each Tuesday from 14th January to 24th March inclusive, as the Confirmation Retreats take place in the Church, we ask that families be aware that the church will not be available for any other events, including Tuesday funerals. These dates involve much planning as they synchronise the timetables of our four primary schools, retreat team, coach hire, and Parish. We ask for your understanding in arranging funerals on the other 5 days each week during this time. Thank you in advance for your co-operation.
Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament takes place in the Day Chapel:
Every Sunday of Lent from 2.00pm to 5.00pm.
Every Monday from 9.30am to 12 noon.
Every Thursday from 7.00am to 10 pm.
Every Friday from 9.30am. to 12 noon. All Welcome
Parish Financial Support
Planned Giving for Sunday 9th February realised €1,908
We sincerely thank all who through their. Offering contribute to the upkeep of the parish.
Crib Offerings: A very special Thank You to all who contributed to the crib offerings over the extended Christmas Period. The total amount collected was €2,360. This sum has been forwarded to The Holy Family Maternity Hospital in the town of Bethlehem, through the Order of Malta.
Well done to all for their generous support!
We are seeking for volunteers to prepare and display the projector screen at all Sunday Masses especially the 7pm and 9am Masses. If interested please leave your details in the parish office. Thank you to those who have volunteered to date.
Rush Parish Pilgrimage to Lourdes
This year our Parish Pilgrimage to Lourdes departs on 3rd September for 5 nights. The cost is €759 per person sharing. This tour is operated by Joe Walsh Tours. License No. T.O.052. For information please contact Samantha McGuinness on 0860660627(after 6pm) or Johnny McGee on 0868557628.
On Wednesday 26th February in the Day Chapel at 8pm, the Child Safeguarding Officers invite all group leaders of voluntary groups within the parish to a Meet & Greet’ talk for, to enable them to introduce the Child Safeguarding Packs for Leaders, Existing Volunteers, and New Volunteers.
Upcoming Child and Vulnerable Adult Safeguarding Training available for volunteers working within the parish. Suitable for anyone who missed the last training day here, or for those who want at refresher. The next training dates are
- 25th February in from 10.30am to 4.00pm (lunch provided) in Clonliffe College
- 29th February in Brackenstown from 9.30am to 3.00pm. For further dates please contact the parish office.
Skerries Lifeboat RNLI
Skerries Lifeboat RNLI are looking for volunteers to join our fundraising crew, as helpers at fundraising event or to join the committee who organise the events. Contact Jan 0868294785.
Loughshinny & Rush Historical Society
The Society present a talk/presentation entitled “Nicholas Rath” (Royal Navy Reserve RNR) and His Gold Medal”. At the Strand Bar, Rush, Co. Dublin on Thursday 27th February, @ 8pm sharp. All Welcome