The Bulletin can be viewed on the Notice Board in the Main Entrance of the Church. The Bulletin can also be viewed on the Parish Website at www.rushparish.ie, which is updated weekly.
Diocesan Synodal Pathway
The logo for the Dublin Archdiocesan Synodal Path is inspired by the phrase ‘we are all in the same boat’
- The lighthouse represents the guiding light of the Holy Spirit who guides us on our way.
- The boat represents the Church, the People of God journeying together.
- The water represent the waters of baptism and the equality of all the baptised.
Every session of the Second Vatical Council began with the prayer Adsumus Sancte Spiritus, the first word of the original Latin, meaning, “We stand before You, Holy Spirit,” which has been historically used at Councils, Synods and other Church gatherings for hundreds of years, and is attributed to Saint Isidore of Seville (c. 560 – 4 April 636). As we embrace this Synodal Process, this prayer invites the Holy Spirit to be at work in us so that we may be a community and a people of grace. For the Synodal Pathway from 2021 to 2023, we will use this prayer.
Prayer for the Synod:
Adsumus Sancte Spiritus
We stand before You, Holy Spirit,
as we gather together in You name.
With You alone to guide us,
make Yourself at home in our hearts;
Teach us the way we must go
and how we are to pursue it.
We are weak and sinful;
do not let us promote disorder.
Do not let ignorance lead us down the wrong path
nor partiality influence our actions.
Let us find in You our unity
so that we may journey together to eternal life
and not stray from the way of the truth
and what is right.
All this we ask of You,
who are at work in every place and time,
in the communion of the Father and the Son,
forever and ever.
‘Thank You’ to all who contributed so generously to the Ukraine Humanitarian Appeal last weekend.
Congratulations to our Confirmation Candidates from St. Brendan’s National School, Saint Catherine’s N.S and Rush National School who received the Sacrament of Confirmation on Friday and Saturday.
Out of the media spotlight this Lent, loving families are suffering in forgotten crises form Covid to poverty and climate change. Please fill and return your Trócaire Box to help them or give on www.trocaire.org. Let your love be their lifeline.
Sundays of Lent 2 pm to 5 pm.
Monday 9.30 am to 12 pm.
Thursday 7 am to 10 pm
Fridays 9.30 am to 12 pm.
Funding Our Parish
- A Reminder that there are No Basket Collections.
- Please Donate on leaving the Church, there are boxes at each exit.
- For those who don’t have cash, you can ‘Tap to Donate’ on the machines at the main exit.
- We now have the facility to ‘Donate on Line’ on our Parish Website. You will be directed to make a first registration on your first donation, thereafter you will be on our system. This may be helpful to our online Mass goers, among others.
- Thanks to all for your continued support.
- Thanks also to those who support us through ‘Planned Giving Envelopes’ and monthly ‘Standing Orders’.