We Welcome: Claire Marie Kelly, Mark John Larkin, Pheobean-Kate Bello & David Alfred Adekoya Carty who were baptised last weekend.
Novena of Grace
The Annual Novena of Grace in honour of St. Francis Xavier began on March 4th and concludes March 12th . The Novena Prayer will be prayed at all Masses in Rush over these nine days.
- Trócaire Boxes: Primary school children in the Parish will have received a Trócaire Box to take home. For those families who did not receive, boxes are available in the porch at the main entrance of the Church.
- Adoration Every Sunday of Lent from 2pm to 5pm.
- Lenten Scripture Programme: The programme, during Lent, will be led by Rev. Kieran O’Mahony OSA and will begin on Monday 2nd March in the Bracken Court Hotel, Balbriggan @7.30pm with a cuppa afterwards. All Welcome.
We remember the children of who are making their First Confession this coming week,
- St. Brendan’s National School on Monday 9th March at 7pm in their school.
- St. Catherine’s National School on Tuesday 10th March at 7pm in their school.
May God Bless the children as they receive the gift of His loving forgiveness.
‘Led by the Spirit’
The Confirmation candidates from St. Catherine’s National School will continue with the Confirmation programme ‘Led by the Spirit’’ on Tuesday 10th March with a Day of Reflection , facilitated by the Julian Prayer Group.
Arising from this we ask that families be aware that the Church will not be available for any other events, including Tuesday funerals. Thank you in advance for your co-operation.
Parish Financial Support
Planned Giving for Sunday 1st March realised €1,416. We sincerely thank all who through their. Offering contribute to the upkeep of the parish.
Irish Blood Transfusion Blood Transfusion
Irish Blood Transfusion Blood Service mobile unit will be at St. Maur’s GAA Centre on Monday 16th March from 4.30pm to 8pm.
For any volunteers who have submitted their application forms for Garda Vetting, please check your emails as the next part of the process is to complete the online application form. The Garda vetting office are currently sending out emails to the email address provided and the application expires after 30 days.
HSE Coronavirus (COVID-19) Guidance for Religious Services (Last reviewed 27.02.2020)
To Minimise the risk of the spread of the infection, here is a brief synopsis of the HSE Guidelines. The Archdiocese has asked that all parishes are advised of the following to reduce the spread of the infection among Church Congregations.
- Members of the congregation not to attend Religious Services it they are ill.
- That Holy Water Fonts should not be used on entering the Church.
- The practice of shaking hands on entering Mass should be suspended for both Clergy and Laity.
- The practice for shaking hands at the Sign of Peace should be suspended.
- Holy Communion should be administered into the hands only and NOT onto the tongue.
- The practice of shaking hand on exiting Mass should be suspended for both Clergy and Laity.
- Holy Water Fonts should not be used on exiting the Church.
These guidelines are subject to review as the situation is constantly monitored by the HSE. These guidelines are not conclusive. Full details are available through HSE Live helpline on 1850 24 1850.
The family of the late Anne (Nan) Ghee wish to express their sincere appreciation for all the help and ongoing support since their recent bereavement. A special thanks to Fr. Kevin and his Church. We would like to thank all her great neighbours and a large circle of friends for their help and support. We also thank all at Fitzgerald Funeral Directors for their help and support. Mass will be offered for your intentions.
Rush Parish Pilgrimage to Lourdes:
This year our Parish Pilgrimage to Lourdes departs on 3rd September for 5 nights. The cost is €759 per person sharing. This tour is operated by Joe Walsh Tours. License No. T.O.052. For information please contact Samantha McGuinness on 0860660627(after 6pm) or Johnny McGee on 0868557628.
We are seeking for volunteers to prepare and display the projector screen at all Sunday Masses especially the 7pm and 9am Masses. If interested please leave your details in the parish office.
Rush Tidy Towns
are launching a scheme for weekdays whereby we will go on leisurely walks around Rush while picking litter. Volunteers can walk, talk and shoot the breeze as they wander around different parts of Rush picking litter as they go, led by a committee member. All equipment will be provided. If you, a family member or a neighbour are interested in getting involved please call Brendan on 086 8145177 or e-mail us on email@example.com for more details.
Please Note: Due to the large volume of notices for the Newsletter this week we could not print all. However we have loaded all notices to our website.
Anam Cara North Dublin
The organisation that supports bereaved parents, is holding a Parent Evening for bereaved parents on Wednesday 18th March at 7:20pm in the Carnegie Court Hotel, Swords, Co. Dublin. This event is free and open to all bereaved parents regardless of the age your child died, the circumstances of their death, or whether their death was recent or not. Please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or 085 2888 888 for any queries.
We run computer classes for people over the age of 55. The classes are one to one – you are placed with your own volunteer tutor who will help to teach you the basic internet such as sending emails, booking tickets or flights, shopping online, Skype, Google etc. For further details please contact us at email@example.com
Ardgillan Rose Pruning: Rose pruning demonstration and an early spring garden tour will take place in Ardgillan gardens, on Wednesday the 4th March at 11 am with head gardener Dominican Mc Kevitt. Meet in the castle. Warm clothes essential. For more information Tel 087 7520506.