28th World Day of the Sick (Feast of Our Lady of Lourdes)
- This weekend we celebrate a Healing Mass for the Sick here in our Church @11.30am . Anyone, regardless of age, who is ill will be blessed with Holy oil. In the Letter of St. James is written, “Is anyone among you sick: He should summon the presbyters of the church, and they should pray over them and anoint them with oil in the name of the Lord, the prayer of faith will save the sick person, and the Lord will raise them up”. The words of St. James are still true today – the Sacrament of the Sick is the Church’s way to continue the healing work of Jesus.
Refreshments will be served after the Mass.
“May the Healing love of God touch all our .Brokenness”
Our Lady of Lourdes, Pray for Us
- Also the archdiocese of Dublin Mass for the Sick on Sunday 9th February @3pm in the Parish Church of the Guardian Angles, Blackrock Co. Dublin.
Rush Parish Pilgrimage to Lourdes:
This year our Parish Pilgrimage to Lourdes departs on 3rd September for 5 nights. The cost is €759 per person sharing. This tour is operated by Joe Walsh Tours. License No. T.O.052. For information please contact Samantha McGuinness on 0860660627(after 6pm) or Johnny McGee on 0868557628.
We Sympathise with the family of Peter Nugent whose funerals took place this week.
May he Rest In Peace.
The Annual Collection of ACCORD Dublin , the Diocesan Agency for Marriage and the Family, will take place at all Masses next weekend 15th & 16th February. The Collection for ACCORD will replace the usual Share Collection. ACCORD Dublin throughout the Diocese offers:
- Marriage Preparation courses
- Counselling for couples & individuals experiencing difficulties in their relationships
- A Relationship & Sexuality Programme for schools
Upcoming Child and Vulnerable Adult Safeguarding Training available for volunteers working within the parish. Suitable for anyone who missed the last training day here, or for those who want at refresher. The next training date is 29th February in Brackenstown from 9.30am to 3.00pm. For further dates please contact the parish office.
Do This in Memory Programme”
- Next Mass for First Holy Communion Families will take place on Sunday 16th February @ 11.30am.
- Preparation meeting for co-ordinating group on Tuesday 1thFebruary @8pm in the Church.
‘Led by the Spirit’
The Confirmation candidates from St. Catherine’s National School will continue with the Confirmation programme ‘Led by the Spirit’’ on Tuesday 11th February with a Day of Reflection , facilitated by the Julian Prayer Group. Please keep those preparing for the Sacraments in your prayers – “Come Holy Spirit Fill the Heart of Your Faithful. Amen.”
Arising from this: Each Tuesday from 14th January to 24th March inclusive, as the Confirmation Retreats take place in the Church, we ask that families be aware that the church will not be available for any other events, including Tuesday funerals. These dates involve much planning as they synchronise the timetables of our four primary schools, retreat team, coach hire, and Parish. We ask for your understanding in arranging funerals on the other 5 days each week during this time. Thank you in advance for your co-operation.
Parish Financial Support
Christmas Dues & Christmas Offerings:
We would like to express our deepest gratitude to all who have contributed their Christmas offering.
- Sunday 02.02.2020 – Planned Giving realised €1,105
We sincerely thank all who through their. Offering contribute to the upkeep of the parish.
St. Maur’s Youth Choir would like to Thank Tesco Rush for the donation received through the Blue Disk Community Programme and Thanks to Parishioners and Customers for their support.
Anam Cara North Dublin
The organisation that supports bereaved parents, is holding a Parent Evening for bereaved parents on Wednesday 19th February at 7:20pm in the Carnegie Court Hotel, Swords, Co. Dublin. This event is free and open to all bereaved parents regardless of the age your child died, the circumstances of their death, or whether their death was recent or not. Please contact us on email@example.com or 085 2888 888 for any queries.
Man 0 War GFC
Invite you to celebrate Mass offered for the past and present members and all associated with Man 0 War GFC ,followed by a night of reminiscing /recording of memories. If you have photographs /memories please come along. Venue Man 0 War GFC on Saturday 15th February 2020 @ Mass 6.30pm. Contact 0868242119
Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament takes place in the Day Chapel:
Every Monday from 9.30a.m. to 12 noon.
Every Thursday from 7.00a.m. to 10 p.m.
Every Friday from 9.30a.m. to 12 noon. All Welcome