1st February – Feast of St. Brigid and First Day of Spring
Wishing you a very Happy Spring and a lovely year ahead. Smile and be happy and let that happiness spread everywhere you go. Life is so beautiful.
2nd February – Feast of Candle Mass:
Candles with be blessed at all Masses this weekend.
3rd February – Feast of St. Blaise:
Blessing of Throats will take place after all Masses this weekend and after Mass on Monday.
We Sympathise with the families of Johnny Matthews & Leonard (Lenny) Archer whose funerals took place this week.
May they Rest In Peace.
Baptism Celebration Mass
This weekend we celebrate a special gathering with our Parish Baptism Team and Families who had their children baptised in 2019 at 11.30am Mass . All welcome!
‘Led by the Spirit’
The Confirmation candidates from Rush National School will continue with the Confirmation programme ‘Led by the Spirit’’ on Tuesday 4th February with a Day of Reflection , facilitated by the Julian Prayer Group. Please keep those preparing for the Sacraments in your prayers – “Come Holy Spirit Fill the Heart of Your Faithful. Amen.”
Arising from this: Each Tuesday from 14th January to 24th March inclusive, as the Confirmation Retreats take place in the Church, we ask that families be aware that the church will not be available for any other events, including Tuesday funerals. These dates involve much planning as they synchronise the timetables of our four primary schools, retreat team, coach hire, and Parish. We ask for your understanding in arranging funerals on the other 5 days each week during this time. Thank you in advance for your co-operation.
We are seeking for volunteers to prepare and display the projector screen at all Sunday Masses especially the 7pm and 9am Masses. If interested please leave your details in the parish office.
Upcoming Child and Vulnerable Adult Safeguarding Training available for volunteers working within the parish. Suitable for anyone who missed the last training day here, or for those who want at refresher. The next training date is
- 29th February in Brackenstown from 9.30am to 3.00pm. For further dates please contact the parish office.
28th World Day of the Sick (Feast of Our Lady of Lourdes)
- Next Sunday we celebrate a Mass for the Sick here in our Church @11.30am . Anyone, regardless of age, who are ill will be blessed by the priest with Holy oil. In the Letter of St. James is written, “Is anyone among you sick: He should summon the presbyters of the church, and they should pray over them and anoint them with oil in the name of the Lord, the prayer of faith will save the sick person, and the Lord will raise them up”. The words of St. James are still true today – the Sacrament of the Sick is the Church’s way to continue the healing work of Jesus.
Refreshments will be served after the Mass.
- Also the archdiocese of Dublin Mass for the Sick on Sunday 9th February @3pm in the Parish Church of the Guardian Angles, Blackrock Co. Dublin
Parish Financial Support
Christmas Dues & Christmas Offerings: Thanks to all who have contributed their Christmas offering. The Christmas Donations continue to be received in the coming weeks, we encourage each household to make their Christmas donation.
- New Boxes are ready for collection for all those who responded to our appeal for new contributors. Please pick up your new box from the Parish Office or Sacristy.
- Sunday 26.01.2020 – Planned Giving realised €1,215
We sincerely thank all who through their. Offering contribute to the upkeep of the parish.
Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament takes place in the Day Chapel:
Every Monday from 9.30a.m. to 12 noon.
Every Thursday from 7.00a.m. to 10 p.m.
Every Friday from 9.30a.m. to 12 noon. All Welcome
Alliance of the Two Hearts: Devotion to the Sacred Heart of Jesus and the Immaculate Heart of Mary takes place on Friday 7th February commencing with Mass at 8p.m. followed by Exposition, Midnight Mass and Exposition again until 3am. Please join us for all or part of the Vigil.
Rush Senior Citizens
Rush Senior Citizen Club resumes this coming Monday 3rd February @12.30pm in Rush Community Centre.