Parish Arrangements for Tickets & Coach Transfer to Papal Mass:
- Tickets have not been issued yet. We have received notification that they should be with us by Tuesday.
- We have an allocation of 100 tickets and coach capacity of 106 passengers. Tickets will be allocated to parishioners who registered their interest first. Their names are posted on the notice board in porch.
- Tickets must be collected on Wednesday 22nd from 8 p.m. in the Parish office.
- The coaches will depart from St. Maur’s Church car park @ 9 a.m. sharp
Unfortunately, by the time the excess demand was expressed all private coach companies had been fully booked and ticket allocation was fully expended
- We have a standby list. Tickets will be offered should any become available.
- We would ask anybody who has tickets they will not be using to bring them to the parish office please, so we can pass them on. Thank you for your co-operation.
Well Done: We also have 2 coaches of parishioners serving at the Papal Mass, in the Choir, as Ministers of the Eucharist and students from St. Joseph’s Secondary School volunteering as stewards.
Thank you also to parishioners for volunteering their services in the RDS & Croke Park. Thanks to our WMOF parish reps. for all their work in this regard.
Well done to them all for volunteering their service.
The WMOF 2018 Pilgrimage Walk:
From Saturday 18th August to Saturday 25th August, pilgrims are invited, in a single day or over the period of the week, to undertake the WMOF2018 Pilgrim Walk. This will involve visiting seven designated churches, spending time in prayer in each of them for a special intention related to families and finishing the visit with the WMOF2018 prayer.
Each pilgrim will be issued with a pilgrim walk passport, which will be stamped at each station, in the ancient tradition of the Camino of St James. A pilgrimage certificate of completion will be stamped when they arrive at the last of the seven churches. The churches can be visited in any order. Families, groups, individuals, adults and children are all invited to participate in the pilgrim walk. There is no charge to participate. For details of the city Churches see https://www.worldmeeting2018.ie/en/Programme/Additional-Events/The-WMOF2018-Pilgrim-Walk
We sympathise with the families of recently deceased, Rina Mullett, Lenny Martin & Michael Jones. May they rest in peace.
St. Maur’s Parish Timetable for this Week:
We pray for God’s Blessing upon Pope Francis and the WMOF Pilgrims this week in a special way.
- Monday 20th – Friday 24th: Daily Mass @ 9a.m. & Holy Hour @ 7p.m.
- Thursday 23rd 7 a.m. to Friday 24th 7 a.m: 24 Hours of Prayer and Adoration.
- Saturday 25th: Vigil Mass @7.pm.
- Sunday 26th: Mass @ 9a.m.
Please Note – No 11:30a.m. Mass due to transport to Papal Mass
All queries regarding baptisms, weddings, etc. to go through the office. Opening Hours Mon- Fri 9a.m. – 11a.m. Any Daily Mass Intentions left in please also a include phone number. Any Intentions for weekend Masses need to be left into the office by 12p.m. on Thursday to be included in Altar list. Thank you.
Prayer for World Meeting of Families 2018
God, our Father,
We are brothers and sisters in Jesus your Son,
One family, in the Spirit of your love.
Bless us with the joy of love.
Make us patient and kind,
gentle and generous,
welcoming to those in need.
Help us to live your forgiveness and peace.
Protect all families with your loving care,
Especially those for whom we now pray:
[We pause and remember family members and others by name].
Increase our faith,
Strengthen our hope,
Keep us safe in your love,
Make us always grateful for the gift of life that we share.
This we ask, through Christ our Lord, Amen
Mary, mother and guide, pray for us.
Saint Joseph, father and protector, pray for us.
Saints Joachim and Anne, pray for us.
Saints Louis and Zélie Martin, pray for us.