We extend our deepest sympathy to the family of Malcom Colmey who passed away recently.
We welcome Alice Connor in to our faith community.
Events in the Parish
- The Julian Group have begun their annual retreat with the children preparing for confirmation.
- Feast of St. Brigid: Sunday February 1st A blessing of seeds & plants will take place at the 9am and 11:30 Masses.
- Feast of the Presentation of Our Lord: Monday Feb 2nd Blessing of Candles: If you wish to have candles blessed please leave them in the sacristy or on the altar.
- Feast of St. Blaise: Tuesday Feb 3rd The Blessing of Throats will take place after 9am Mass and candles will be before the altar all day for parishioners to bless their own throats.
- Family Mass Group: We welcome the Family Mass Group back to the 11.30am Mass this Sunday.
- Weekday & Sunday Mass Intentions: Parishioners leaving in Mass intentions for morning Mass Mon-Sat are asked to supply a contact telephone number in case the Mass is cancelled at short notice. Mass intentions for Sundays are to be left in the office, the sacristy or the letter box. We would appreciate if all intentions could be left in by Friday.
Two new shrines have been installed in front of St. Anthony & The Sacred Heart. All profits from the candle shrines go towards the costs of heating, insurance and electrical maintenance of the church.
Change to Parish Bulletin Submission Deadline
Deadline for inclusion for items to be included is 12 noon on Thursday. Please include name and contact number. Anonymous items are not accepted. Please submit by email to firstname.lastname@example.org if possible. Website Please take notice of the new features in the Rush Parish Website www.rushparish.dublindiocese.ie
Arrangements for Baptisms
Preparation Meeting for baptisms on Sundays 8th & 22nd March will held on Wednesday 4 th March. Deadline for applications for March baptisms is Tuesday 3rd March. Please note that godparents/sponsors must be baptised Catholics and over 16 years of age. See the parish website for all information.
Parish Pastoral Council (PPC) Goals 2015
The first PPC meeting for 2015 was held on the 12th January. The Goals of the PPC for 2015 were agreed as:
- Install a Church Bell
- Eucharistic Adoration midweek in church during the day time
- Set up a new Baptismal Team
- Set up a Funeral Team in Parish
The PPC, along with members of the parish, will actively work on fulfilling these goals in 2015. Progress on goals will be detailed in the Parish Bulletin
Child Safe Guarding & Protection
Under the Dublin Diocesan Child Protection Guidelines, all children must be accompanied by a parent or a guardian when visiting the toilet facilities
Parish Office Volunteers
Thanks to all those who volunteer their services in the parish office at weekends. Please note that a revised Volunteer Rota is now available in the Parish Office. Please collect a copy from the Parish Office after weekend Masses.
Rush Senior Citizens
Rush Senior Citizen’s Club re-opens on Monday 2nd February 2015 in Rush Community Centre at 2pm till 4pm. New members welcome. Contact Kathleen @ 0876251019. See you all there.
Anam Cara is holding a Bereavement Information Evening on Wednesday 18th of February 2015 from 19:30 to 21:30 in Applewood Community Centre, Swords, Co. Dublin. The guest speaker for the evening is Peter Hanlon and the topic is “A Parent’s Grief & Loss”. All Anam Cara Services are available free of charge to bereaved parents. Anam Cara will need to confirm numbers for room set up, we would appreciate if you could RSVP to email@example.com before Tuesday, 17th February 2015 or call us 01 4045378.
Dublin Daffodil Centres are looking for a great bunch of Volunteers! The Irish Cancer Society’s Daffodil Centres in hospitals across Ireland provide information, support and advice to cancer patients, their families, and anyone concerned about cancer. Our Daffodil Centres in Dublin are currently recruiting new volunteers to add to their team, including our new centre in St. Luke’s Hospital Rathgar. We’re looking for volunteers to support the Daffodil Centre Nurse by welcoming visitors and showing them the range of information available. If you’d like more information on becoming a trained volunteer, please contact: Catherine McGuinness01-2316635 firstname.lastname@example.org Closing date for receipt of applications is Sunday 1st March 2015